In the world of chronic illness, it is not uncommon for one to fall into the dangerous trap of becoming overly focused on a single cause for a presenting condition. Unfortunately, a chronic illness almost never has one cause, and thus it rarely has one solution.
As an example, most people understand that diabetes is a condition resulting from high levels of glucose in the blood, and those people would be correct. However, this is a very simplistic view of a much more complex condition. Could it be that diabetes has toxicity at its core? Could it be that an underlying fungal overgrowth plays a role? Could it be that inflammation is a key factor? In approaching a condition such as diabetes, one could focus solely on the management of blood sugar levels or one could step back and take a broader perspective; a perspective which understands the underlying factors and attempts to address the actual cause of the problem rather than simply masking the symptoms.
Similarly, with chronic Lyme disease it is easy to focus one's attention on Borrelia burgdorferi as the causative agent in the condition and overlook the many other factors that are universally involved in the disease. Toxicity most certainly plays a role but is rarely investigated. Infections are clearly a factor, but the infections involved go far beyond Borrelia or even the common tick-borne coinfections Babesia, Bartonella, and Ehrlichia. There may be significant emotional contributors to one's illness. It is only through a comprehensive treatment approach that ultimate success may be achieved.
Dr. Garry F. Gordon, MD, DO, MD(H) has created the F2IGH2T Protocol as a powerful framework which empowers each of us as we continue on our journey toward optimal health. The protocol considers several key areas that are almost always contributing factors in any chronic illness. F2IGH2T offers real solutions which can be implemented to address the issues that may be holding us back from attaining our desired level of health.
The key areas in the F2IGH2T Protocol are:
F Food and Focus I Infections G Genetics H Heavy Metals and Hormones T Toxins
F - Food and Focus
"F" in the F2IGH2T Protocol stands for both Food and Focus. The food that we consume plays a significant role in moving us toward a place of health or a place of illness. Dietary selections are entirely our choice. The following should be considered in using Food to improve one's health:
• Avoid foods that you know to be or suspect to be sensitive to. • Eat organic foods to avoid exposure to pesticides and other toxins. • Incorporate foods that are health-promoting by reducing processed and "dead" foods and eating foods that have superior nutritional value. • Avoid Genetically-Modified (GM) foods. • Avoid cookware that may leach toxins into your food and ultimately into your body. • Support gastrointestinal health with probiotics and supportive nutrients.
Many people are sensitive to specific foods which, when eaten, become stressful to the body. The immune system must then mount a response to these substances each time they are consumed. According to Dr. Gordon, "40% of the population needs to be off all dairy, and 30% should eat a gluten-free diet". In people with chronic illness, these numbers are likely even higher.
When a person is sensitive to gluten, they will negate all other efforts to return to health until gluten is removed from their diet. Eliminating stressful foods allows the body to use its limited resources to work on addressing the many other things that have gone wrong by the time that one has developed a chronic condition. Dr. Gordon believes that "everything becomes easy to treat when you eliminate wheat, dairy, and corn."
A major factor in food intolerance is gastrointestinal dysbiosis. Dysbiosis is a term used when an imbalance of gastrointestinal flora is present in the gut. This may be an overgrowth of yeast, parasites, or other pathogenic organisms. It may also represent a lack of health-promoting beneficial flora, known as probiotics. Other factors which lead to dysbiosis include stress, an imbalanced diet, antibiotic or drug therapy, suppressed immunity, and inflammation.
Food allergies can be both a contributor to dysbiosis as well as the result of it. When dysbiosis is present, Leaky Gut Syndrome often develops where larger than expected food particles enter the bloodstream, promoting an undesired immune response. Numerous symptoms can occur throughout the body when dysbiosis or Leaky Gut Syndrome are present.
Non-organic foods often contain high levels of pesticides which add to the already high body burden of toxicity in most people with chronic ill-health. For this reason, organic fruits and vegetables should be consumed whenever possible; the more colorful the better. The Environmental Working Group (http://www.ewg.org) has created a web site called "EWG's 2010 Shopper's Guide to Pesticides" which offers a printable guide that can be found at http://www.foodnews.org. The guide lists the "Dirty Dozen" which are those foods generally identified to have the highest levels of pesticides. Celery, peaches, strawberries, apples, blueberries, nectarines, bell peppers, spinach, cherries, kale/collard greens, potatoes, and grapes are the foods that are the most important to purchase organically in order to avoid pesticide exposure.
Processed and refined foods are generally absent of any healthful qualities. Food that is processed in a factory is not food; it provides only empty calories. White flours, sugars, fast foods, hydrogenated oils, excitotoxins such as MSG, artificial sweeteners, and high-fructose corn syrup should be entirely avoided. High-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) is found in sodas, candy bars, breads, salad dressings, ketchup, pizza sauce, fruit drinks, and many other products. It is often contaminated with mercury. Thus, HFCS may contribute to our total body burden of toxicity, accelerate aging, and increase inflammation. Instead, organic fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds, healthful fats such as coconut oil and olive oil, and grass-fed meats are far better, health-promoting choices. Dr. Gordon states that "the enemy is the fork, and what you put on the end of your fork determines how long you will live."
Our government subsidizes the production of wheat, soy, corn, and other unhealthy foods. "A potato chip is not a vegetable," says Dr. Gordon. Unfortunately, organic food is more expensive, but "cheap food will be paid for by your heart transplant, your bypass surgery, or your hip replacement," stresses Dr. Gordon.
The dietary balance of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acid is critical. Cows, which are designed to feed on grass, are being fattened with inexpensive corn which sets the stage for an unhealthy cow and unhealthy meat. More specifically, the meat from animals fed the wrong diet predominates with Omega-6 fatty acid. Omega-6 is a pro-inflammatory fatty acid; while Omega-3 reduces pain and inflammation. The key is to obtain the proper ratio of Omega-6 to Omega-3 fatty acids, which is argued to be somewhere between 1:1 and 10:1. Our modern, unhealthy diets provide a ratio closer to 30:1 in favor of Omega-6. Omega-3 supplementation can help shift this ratio in a healthier direction.
Genetically-modified foods are becoming more and more common. Unfortunately, these foods do not have to be labeled and, as a result, it is often difficult to know which foods are GM and which are not. It is becoming more important than ever to consume primarily organic and locally-grown foods. The most common GM foods include soy, corn, canola, and cottonseed. GM crops trigger immune reactions and may lead to a heightened allergic response. To illustrate, shortly after GM soy was introduced into the British diet, allergies to soy had risen by 50% in a single year. More recently, the FDA has been considering the introduction of GM salmon for American consumers.
Some GM foods include genes obtained from the bacteria Bacillus thuringiensis which make the crop resistant to insects by allowing it to produce its own pesticide. While this may sound appealing, the food, which is later consumed by humans, may damage the intestines and negatively impact necessary probiotic flora in the gastrointestinal tract. The topic of GM foods is brilliantly covered by Jeffrey M. Smith in the books Genetic Roulette and Seeds of Deception.
Sadly, so much of what actually happens to our food supply is unknown to the average consumer. In the movie Food, Inc., director Robert Kenner looks inside the nation's food industry and exposes much of what was previously hidden from consumers with the consent of our government's regulatory agencies. In the film Foodmatters, James Colquhoun and Laurentine ten Bosch look at the health implications of the food we eat. In it, nutrition specialist Andrew W. Saul suggests that "¼ of what you eat keeps you alive, and ¾ of what you eat keeps your doctor alive". He goes on to say that "if you want to know what's wrong, look down at the table. It's staring back at you."
Heating in cookware that leaches toxins into the food adds to our total body burden of toxicity. Flame-retarding polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PDBEs), phthalates, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), and perfluorinated acid (PFAs) are found in cookware and in plastics used to store food items. Perfluoroctanoic acid (PFOA) is found in Teflon and has been associated with thyroid disease, immune system damage, and liver abnormalities. Drinking from plastic water bottles may result in exposure to Bisphenol A which has been linked to cancer, diabetes, and obesity.
There are numerous options for testing for the presence of food sensitivities. Signet Diagnostic Corporation offers the LEAP (Lifestyle Eating and Performance) MRT (Mediator Release Test) for evaluating food stressors that may be contributing to one's impaired health. Another option is the Food Sensitivity Intolerance Test Panel from ALCAT or the A-95 Panel from Meridian Valley Lab. The Sage-G-Test is available from Sage Medical Laboratory. While it is still possible for these tests to miss foods that are contributing to ill-health, they can be helpful tools in identifying stressful food choices.
An elimination of all potentially allergenic foods followed by sequential reintroduction and logging of any returned symptoms is another approach one may use to determine which foods may be negatively impacting health. Patrick Carlisle's book The Medical Detective: Memoirs of a Most Unusual Doctor explores the connection between food allergies and the disabling symptoms that may result throughout life for many people; never diagnosed until they followed a modified fast with careful reintroduction of foods.
In looking at other important techniques used in addressing the Food aspect of the F2IGH2T Protocol, one may wish to consider:
• ACS 200 (Advanced Cellular Silver) daily to reduce pathogenic organisms related to gastrointestinal dysbiosis.
• Probiotic supplements with acidophilus such as Kyo-Dophilus 9® used daily both in children and adults. Probiotics must be used continuously due to our constant exposure to GM foods which disturb normal bowel flora.
• Beyond Fiber™ to both detoxify the gastrointestinal tract and support the growth of beneficial probiotic flora.
As you may recall, the "F" in the F2IGH2T Protocol also stands for Focus. Focus refers to the power of the mind and the significant benefits of Mind-Body Medicine in our quest for health. This is an area that requires much personal exploration. Focus goes far beyond traditional positive thinking and into the realm of quantum mechanics where thoughts have powerful effects on our physiology. Dr. Gordon has considered the teachings of some of the very best in the field of Mind-Body Medicine. Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) is a healing system that helps to reduce the stress which underlies many disease processes. EFT was created by Gary Craig and has been used successfully for a variety of different health challenges.
Bruce Lipton's book The Biology of Belief and more recent work Spontaneous Evolution suggest that genetics do not control our biology. Instead, messages which originate from our thoughts control our DNA. These concepts are related to the emerging area of science called "epigenetics". Epigenetics suggests that external influences affect gene expression and that genetics alone does not tell the entire story. This topic will be discussed further in the Genetics section later in this article.
In Soul Medicine, Norman Shealy, MD, Ph.D. looks into the power of spiritual connection and the ability to alter our body's energy field with our intention. Bernie S. Siegel, MD is an expert in the realm of Mind-Body Medicine. His most recent works include 365 Prescriptions for the Soul and 101 Exercises for the Soul.
Evaluation of the mental and emotional factors involved in chronic illness often yields significant rewards.
I - Infections
"I" in the F2IGH2T Protocol stands for Infections. Nearly all chronically ill people have a total body burden of infections far higher than what the body can adequately manage. When a tipping point is reached, our bodies manifest symptoms and move toward a state of "unwellness".
First, we must consider whether infections are the chicken or the egg. Why is it that in today's society infections contribute to serious health problems such as autoimmune diseases, arteriosclerosis, and even cancer? There is a clear correlation between infection and toxicity. Today, we are born with over 1000 times the amount of lead in our bones than our ancestors had just 400 years ago. Children are born already mercury toxic as a result of the toxicity of their mother. Toxins impair immune function and set the stage for chronic infections. [Editor: This relationship was covered in more detail in the April 2009 edition of the Public Health Alert in the article "Microbes, Toxins, and Unresolved Conflicts: A Unifying Theory".]
Toxicity impairs the optimal functioning of the immune system which is responsible for attempting to keep our total body burden of pathogens under control. A conclusion can be quickly drawn that detoxification is a key strategy in any condition involving a chronic infectious burden. The topic of toxicity will be discussed later, but it is important to understand that there is a tight correlation between the two. "No one can achieve optimal health unless they work diligently over their entire lifetime to continue getting the toxins out," says Dr. Gordon.
More than 25% of deaths each year worldwide are believed to be related directly to infectious diseases. It often takes time for society to accept that many medical conditions have chronic, usually unsuspected and undiagnosed, infections as a significant contributor to the illness. It took years for the work of Robin Warren and Barry Marshall to be accepted by mainstream medicine. In 2005, they won the Nobel Prize for identifying H. pylori as the cause of stomach ulcers. In the book Plague Time: The New Germ Theory of Disease, Paul W. Ewald makes the connection between atherosclerosis and Chlamydia pneumoniae, especially in those that both smoke and carry the ApoE4 allele.
Cervical cancer has been associated with several types of Human Papillomaviruses (HPV); Lyme disease with Borrelia burgdorferi, AIDS with HIV, various liver cancers with Hepatitis B and C, and more recently, it has been proposed that Chronic Fatigue Syndrome may be associated with XMRV/HGRV which has previously been associated with prostate cancer. Not only can microbial infestations be correlated with physical symptoms, but connections are continuing to be made between microbes and various psychiatric disorders and developmental problems.
Dental pathogens are a significant source of the body's total burden of pathogens. No program aimed at improving health can ignore addressing dental infections. Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans is a common oral pathogen which not only causes periodontitis but also raises the risk for cardiovascular disease and stroke. Another common dental pathogen, the spirochete Treponema denticola, has been found in atherosclerotic plaques. Periodontal disease leads to inflammation of the blood vessels which may promote metabolic syndrome, increase C-reactive protein, increase fibrinogen, and make detoxification much more difficult. It may even result in insulin resistance and initiate the destruction of cells in the pancreas setting the stage for diabetes. Dr. Gordon says, "The mouth is a cesspool. The human bite is worse than a dog bite." As many as 80% of the population may have chronic periodontitis. Irrigating, flossing, hydrogen peroxide rinses, and baking soda can be helpful. Borrelia burgdorferi, Treponema pallidum, and other bacteria are well-recognized for their contribution to atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease. Cytomegalovirus (CMV) has been associated with the development of high blood pressure. A recent Harvard study suggests that CMV is carried by 60-99% of the adult population and may lead to heart disease, stroke, and kidney disease. Most medical practitioners never consider incorporating antibacterial or antiviral therapies into their cardiovascular disease treatment regimens.
There are numerous therapeutic options that may be considered in addressing the infections that we all carry at unprecedented levels. Some of the more powerful interventions include intravenous ozone therapy with ultra-violet blood irradiation, intravenous Vitamin C therapy, and hyperbaric oxygen. Unfortunately, most of these are not readily available to the majority of the population and thus other options are required. These include:
• ACS 200 (Advanced Cellular Silver) sprayed in the mouth three times per day, holding for 2-3 minutes before swallowing. This not only will have a systemic effect of lowering total infectious burden, but will also specifically target the numerous dental pathogens which have been strongly implicated in many health challenges. When used properly, ACS 200 can help the body eliminate all known pathogens, including Borrelia burgdorferi. ACS 200 helps to lower inflammation which allows toxicity to be more effectively removed from the body; as it is nearly impossible to detoxify an inflamed body. ACS 200 is a uniquely bioavailable form of silver which has eliminated all risk of argyria, turning a blue or grayish color, that has been associated in the past with less-advanced silver preparations. A starting protocol of ACS 200 for serious infections would be to consume an entire ounce (150 sprays) on Day 1 followed by a ½ ounce (75 sprays) per day for one month then 25 sprays three times a day for 1 to 2 months; thereafter tapering down as needed to as little as 15 sprays twice a day.
• Vitamin D3 supports the immune system and may reduce the incidence of cancer, diabetes, arthritis, and hypertension. 3,000-5,000 units per day is an ideal adult target dose.
• Quinton Marine Plasma combined with ACS 200 can be a powerful combination for serious chronic infections from tonsil, sinus, and dental infections which are known to contribute to cancer, atherosclerosis, hypertension, and other serious conditions. One useful technique is to flush or irrigate the sinuses with a neti pot using a 50/50 solution of ACS 200 and Quinton Marine Plasma.
• The high-dose oral Vitamin C in Bio En'R-Gy C may aid the body both in addressing infections and in detoxification. Bio En'R-Gy C is an advanced Vitamin C delivery system which also provides life-saving methylation support. 1 teaspoon morning and night is generally sufficient. To support optimal health, use the VitaCheck-C urine strips to confirm that you have sufficient Vitamin C, indicated by the strip turning a bright yellow. Vitamin C is applicable to "F", "I", "G", "H", and "T" more than any other single nutrient.
• A new oral option called 1st Line is an all-natural approach to enhancing our body's ability to defend itself against viral challenges. This option may be particularly beneficial for those dealing with viruses such as Hepatitis and Herpes.
• Nutrisorb-A may help protect the heart and cardiovascular system, boost immunity, speed recovery from infections, and accelerate wound healing. It may be helpful in viral conditions such as Measles infections. Vitamin A is commonly regarded as an anti-infective agent and plays a role in the production of white blood cells. Specifically related to Lyme disease, Vitamin A may lessen acute Lyme arthritis through the inhibition of pro-inflammatory cytokines such as interferon-gamma and interleukin-12. 300,000-500,000 units per day for adults may safely be given for 5 days or more as this carries no long-term risk. Vitamin A has been shown by the World Health Organization to be life-saving for children faced with serious infectious challenges.
• Beyond Chelation Improved (BC-I) improves circulation throughout the body by helping the blood to become "more like wine and less like tomato ketchup". It was designed to provide a gentle blood-thinning effect which results from the heparin-like action that its combination of ingredients provides. BC-I contains EDTA, the chelator that Dr. Gordon has studied for over 30 years, which enhances lead excretion when taken orally. The benefits of preventing hypercoagulation, the tendency to form blood clots too readily, are not widely known to be obtained from advanced nutritional formulations. Unfortunately, many therefore rely on toxic drugs such as Coumadin. BC-I is a foundation for health and is targeted at lowering the body burden of toxicity, which has been associated with total infectious burden, as well as providing the key nutritional support required for optimal health. 1-2 packets daily are generally used.
G - Genetics
"G" in the F2IGH2T Protocol stands for Genetics.
A debate rages in the world of genetics between those that believe genetics tell the entire story and those that consider genetics to be an influencer of health but not necessarily the end of the story. Epigenetics ("above genetics") is the study of how environmental factors influence gene expression. Through an understanding of these factors, we may be able to influence whether or not a given gene is expressed.
To illustrate, research on Agouti mice by Professor Randy Jirtle, Ph.D. at Duke University has clearly shown changes in genetic expression can result from exposure to certain environmental toxins. In one study, two genetically identical twin sister mice were used. One of the mice was exposed to the common environmental toxin Bisphenol A. The exposed mouse turned yellow and became obese and developed a propensity toward diabetes and cancer while the mouse not exposed to BPA was brown, slender, and lean with low disease risk.
Methylation is a term used to describe the addition of a methyl group to a gene in order to turn off the expression of a given gene. The yellow, obese mouse was undermethylated while the brown, slender mouse was optimally methylated. The mother mouse's exposure to BPA during pregnancy impacted the genetic expression of the newly born mice. When the pregnant mouse exposed to BPA was supplied with methyl-donors like folic acid and genistein, the offspring were no longer yellow or obese but were instead slender and brown. Thus, maternal nutritional supplementation counteracted the negative exposure to the chemical BPA. BPA causes us to not methylate properly. These methylation problems were transmitted to all offspring for many generations in the mice until aggressive, adequate methylation support was provided. If our bodies do not have methyl groups, we cannot deal with the toxic load that we all face.
Epigenetic changes can be inherited. In the work with the Agouti mice, a yellow, obese mouse produced brown, normal weight offspring when given the proper dietary supplements. The genes were the same in the offspring as in the mother, and yet they were expressed entirely differently. This suggests that a mother's diet during pregnancy can influence gene expression in her offspring by altering the epigenome.
"We can no longer say whether genetics or the environment has a greater impact on our health because the two are inextricably linked through the epigenome," said Dr. Dana Dolinoy, Ph.D. of Duke University. Randy Jirtle, Ph.D. believes that the DNA sequence is the hardware of the computer while the epigenome is the software that tells the computer what to do. The question then becomes more about the programs that control our DNA expression. Additional information on Randy Jirtle, Ph.D.'s work is available in the documentary Ghost in Your Genes.
“Poor diet can play an epigenetic role which may lead to the expression of disease-causing genes. Alternately, a healthful diet may silence these genes such that they are never expressed. Feed Your Genes Right: Eat to Turn Off Disease-Causing Genes and Slow Down Aging by Jack Challem discusses how what we eat has an impact on DNA damage and disease. "Nutrients provide the building blocks of genes, and they turn many genes on and off," Challem says.
In Change Your Genetic Destiny by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo, D'Adamo discusses six different GenoTypes and how diet is the most effective mechanism we have for taking control of our health while turning on positive genes and silencing negative ones. Dawson Church, Ph.D. investigates how our choices turn our genes on and off in The Genie in Your Genes: Epigenetic Medicine and the New Biology of Intention. He demonstrates that we can influence our genetic expression by simply taking control of our consciousness. There are over 100 genes in the body that are activated by thoughts, feelings, and experiences. These genes can have a dramatic impact on our immune system and our ability to ward off disease.
Dr. Gordon discusses the BRCA genes which have led some with a family history of breast cancer to remove their breasts as a preventative intervention. He feels that this is often an unnecessary step as a gene can only do something when it is expressed. We can alter the expression of genes by optimizing our health such that, even if we carry a specific gene, it may never impact us. Researchers have found that Vitamin D helps to control a gene known to increase the risk of Multiple Sclerosis. In populations in Northern Europe living in areas with less sunshine, the risk of MS is increased.
The risk associated with inheriting so-called "bad" genes from our family can be significantly neutralized by optimizing our diet, lifestyle, and environment. Dr. Kobayashi in Tokyo was able to document over 10,000 patients followed for 10 years where virtually no one died of cancer because they learned the simple techniques required to prevent the expression of their bad genes. Many of the participants in the study carried the gene for stomach cancer, a common cancer in Japan. They did not develop any clinically detectable stomach cancers during the period of the study as they monitored their production of cancer cells using a test that was similar in its ability to provide early warning of cancer risk to one soon to be made available by Johnson & Johnson in the United States. A peripheral blood sample will alert patients to cancer cells in the bloodstream long before a lump or bump appears. This early warning allows patients to take remedial action, and routinely, the cancer markers went back to normal, safe levels after stress, diet, immune-support, sauna, and other supportive interventions were incorporated.
Genetics can play a role in our ability to detoxify from numerous environmental insults. Optimizing methylation becomes a key strategy in improving the ability of the body to remove harmful substances that may have a negative impact on our health. Methylation support has become vital. Dr. Gordon optimizes methylation with the use of Bio En'R-Gy C (which contains methyl donors in the form of both MSM and TMG) and Beyond B12 (which contains B12 as methylcobalamin and three forms of folic acid including 5-MTHF - a methylated form of folic acid). Bio En'R-Gy C is used at 1 to 4 teaspoons daily in juice or water. Beyond B12 is generally used at 1-6 tablets daily dissolved under the tongue.
While genetic testing is still quite expensive, it is predicted that the cost of your own personal genomic profile will be near $100 dollars in a few years. While some may view these tests as simply bad news as to what lies ahead, many flaws may be correctable with simple strategies such as nutrition and supplementation. Some companies are already suggesting personalized supplement programs based on the results of an individual's genetic testing.
H - Heavy Metals and Hormones
"H" in the F2IGH2T Protocol stands for both Heavy Metals and Hormones.
Heavy metals are a major contributor to impaired health and are found in nearly everyone on the planet today. We already know that bone levels of lead today are more than 1000 times greater than just 400 years ago. Lead poisoning is a problem that is not going to go away. Many conditions have been associated with high levels of lead including aggressive behavior in children and high blood pressure in adults.
After a 2004 study associated lead exposure with age-related cataracts in men, Dr. Gordon commented, "We finally have proof that bone lead levels are adversely affecting the health of the brain as the eye is an extension of the brain." He went on to point out that toxic lead suppresses the immune system.
People exposed to lead, as we all are, tend to develop cognitive difficulties. By age 80, 1 in 2 will develop Alzheimer's disease. Could disturbed cognition and the loss of our ability to learn be directly related to heavy metal accumulation? A correlation between aluminum toxicity and Alzheimer's is already commonly recognized. Rather than using pharmaceutical drugs to mask the symptoms of cognitive disorders, a more beneficial approach may be to remove the enzyme-disrupting heavy metals which are at the root of the problem. Loss of cognition is a serious problem in today's information-intensive society. The inability to employ good judgment, aggressiveness, and criminal behavior may result from the improper processing of information resulting from heavy metal intoxication.
Unfortunately, newborn children are already heavy metal toxic at birth. Biology dictates that the fetus is a wastebasket for the mother's toxicity, and the mother's toxins are downloaded into the unborn baby. Umbilical cord blood has twice the level of mercury than that found in the mother. Vaccinations and amalgam fillings further add to the level of heavy metals that one is burdened with.
25% of children today have serious health issues ranging from ADHD to cancer to diabetes and many other conditions. These children are being medicated for their conditions but no one is looking at the obvious backdrop of toxicity.
Coal burning as a source of energy in China blankets the western United States with mercury. In San Francisco, 30% of one's mercury exposure comes from breathing the air, and fish in the same area have some of the highest levels of mercury contamination in California. Nearly 10 billion pounds (out of a total of 40 billion pounds) of pollution released each year into the air from China makes its way to North America. Mercury is found in every bird tested on Mt. Washington at elevations of 8,000-10,000 feet. Every blade of grass is coated with particulates of lead, mercury, cadmium, and other toxic substances.
Other common sources of heavy metal exposure are often overlooked. Arsenic, which may be associated with Type 2 Diabetes, is commonly found in chicken meat due to arsenic-based additives in the chicken feed. Aluminum is present in many antiperspirants and has been associated with Alzheimer's disease and ALS. Cadmium may come from cigarette smoke, processed meat, or instant coffee. Lead, which affects brain size and the risk of violent behavior, has been found in cosmetics, toothpaste, water, and even snow. Almost every cause of death can be tied to the level of lead in the body. Mercury exists in many adhesives, Preparation H, psoriasis ointments, contact lens solution, vaginal lubricants, drinking water, fish, dental amalgams, and tattoo dye.
Mercury can lead to numerous symptoms such as dramatic mood swings, nervousness, insomnia, memory problems, and the inability to concentrate. It may result in neurological symptoms such as tremors, loss of balance, impaired hearing, tunnel vision, slurred speech, headaches, fatigue, impaired sexual function, and depression. Other symptoms might include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, allergic dermatitis, gum disease, and many more.
There is a synergistic effect when both lead and mercury are present together which results in them being 100 times more toxic than when either exists alone. The message is clear: avoiding heavy metal exposure is impossible.
Heavy metals have been implicated as a factor in cardiovascular disease. Men with high levels of lead in the bones are six times more likely to die from heart disease. Bypass surgery treats the symptoms while ignoring the causes, so Dr Gordon warns his patients that it is generally of limited value as blockages exist throughout the body, not just in the vicinity of the heart. A heavy metal detoxification program may be a much more effective strategy for addressing cardiovascular disease. Dr Gordon's patients are remarkably protected against heart attacks and strokes, and fatalities are virtually unknown in patients on his oral supplement program including Beyond Chelation Improved and his “Power Drink" of Beyond Fiber™, Dr. Gordon's Organic Best of Greens, Longevity Maca, and his special form of Vitamin C called Bio En'R-Gy C.
Mercury can be toxic to the kidneys and may be a factor in kidney failure. Heavy metal chelation may be beneficial for compromised kidney function and might eliminate the need for dialysis in many cases. Some people erroneously believe that heavy metal chelation will stress the kidneys while in reality it is the chronic, low-level exposure to lead that leads to the most significant kidney problems. Oral chelation can improve thyroid function by removing the lead that is poisoning the thyroid gland.
Unfortunately, testing for heavy metal exposure is commonly misunderstood by most mainstream practitioners. Blood tests are only helpful in acute exposure or poisoning and are not useful in an attempt to evaluate the total body burden of heavy metals which are generally found in deeper tissues or bones, not circulating in the blood. More appropriate tests for chronic heavy metal toxicity would be hair mineral testing or provoked urine challenges. However, some autistic children don't show metals in the hair as they may have a genetic predisposition that prevents them from detoxifying efficiently. "The problem with these tests," says Dr. Gordon, "is that they can be misleading. It may appear that you have normal levels, but this doesn't mean you are out of the woods. No perfect test exists, and better tests are still needed. We all live longer and healthier if we can get the bad stuff out." While IV chelation therapy may have the ability to lower heavy metals that are readily accessible in the body, it is not an ideal treatment option for chronic heavy metal toxicity. It may in the short-term lower the body burden, but once the IV therapy is discontinued, heavy metals from deeper stores in the body, such as the bones, will reemerge. Additionally, we continue to be exposed to heavy metals from our environment on a daily basis. Thus, the only way to successfully address chronic heavy metal toxicity in the long term is to detoxify daily. Heavy metal detoxification must become a life-long focus in order to regain and retain wellness.
Detoxification does not occur quickly. It takes nearly 15 years for the bones to remodel, and there is no faster way to get lead out of the bones at this time. The problem of heavy metals and other toxicity will not be solved overnight, but taking the lead and other metals out will consistently move us in the right direction.
Our levels of heavy metals and other toxins are directly correlated to the body burden of infection that we carry within us. The more we can reduce our internal toxicity and improve our terrain, the less we will struggle with chronic infections. If we don't address the toxicity factor, any attempt to reduce the infectious burden will likely fail.
Dr. Gordon has developed a number of strategies for supporting the body's ability to detoxify from heavy metals. These include:
• Beyond Chelation Improved (BC-I), which has become Dr. Gordon's "calling card", consists of a packet of nine pills generally taken once or twice daily. Each packet provides three Beyond Any Multiple tablets which provide foundational nutrient and mineral support, one Omega-3 Fatty Acid softgel, one Evening Primrose Omega-6 softgel, one Phosphatidyl / Gingko Complex capsule, and three Essential Daily Defense capsules. This combination of nutrients in BC-I is the cornerstone of Dr. Gordon's program in detoxifying the body and preventing heart attacks, strokes, and other serious conditions as people age.
• Essential Daily Defense can be taken separately if one is not using BC-I. It consists of a complex of nutrients designed to help the body detoxify on a daily basis. EDD includes Calcium EDTA, Garlic, malic acid, and other detoxifying nutrients.
• ACZ nano is a liquid zeolite derived from volcanic ash which has the ability to attract and capture numerous positively-charged toxins such as mercury and lead. Once captured, these toxins are excreted out of the body. It has been shown to increase the urinary excretion of mercury, lead, and other toxic metals by over 300%. It has also been found to reduce brain fog. One of the advantages of zeolite is that it does not deplete the body of beneficial minerals like some other chelating agents can. Initially, ACZ nano would be started at one spray a day and would be increased gradually to 10 sprays four times daily. After 1-4 bottles, ACZ nano is generally replaced with ZeoGold.
• ZeoGold is a much more powerful zeolite than ACZ nano. Each capsule contains the same amount of zeolite as an entire bottle of ACZ nano. In addition to its powerful zeolite, ZeoGold helps to increase the body's level of glutathione which is the master antioxidant and is critical in detoxification. The capsule must be opened in a glass of pure water and then consumed one or more times daily. Zeolite is reported to bind mycotoxins produced from various mold species which is a common concomitant in people dealing with Lyme disease. Some believe that zeolite may help to address biofilms and reduce levels of ammonia in the body. Dr. Gordon believes that "zeolite is the ultimate filter in our toxic world."
• Beyond Fiber™ supports the gastrointestinal tract in expelling many harmful toxins that are mobilized during detoxification. Additionally, it provides the necessary prebiotic inulin which is highly supportive of the balance of beneficial flora in the gut.
• EZ Defense Gum may bind heavy metals released from amalgam fillings as a result of normal chewing.
• Bathing in Beyond Clean, which contains EDTA, may help to detoxify heavy metals through the skin. Some have even used Beyond Clean orally at a dose of 1 teaspoon in water sipped over the course of a day.
• If tolerated, sweat, sweat, and then sweat even more. Sauna therapy can be profound in assisting the body in the detoxification of heavy metals, chemicals, and other environmental toxins.
• Take off your shoes before entering your home. Toxicity is easily carried from outside the home into our carpets and living environments. Children spend the most time in contact with the carpet of anyone in the home.
The "H" in the F2IGH2T Protocol also stands for Hormones. This refers to optimizing our health potential by providing the body with the hormonal support it requires to perform at high levels of functioning. A hormone is a messenger molecule that works with receptors on cell membranes to tell a cell what to do.
First, no discussion on the topic of hormones would be complete without some mention of cholesterol. Cholesterol is critical in creating healthy cell membranes. Additionally, cholesterol is a precursor to hormone production. Without adequate levels of cholesterol, hormones are not produced. As a result, artificially lowering cholesterol levels with statin drugs may result in serious side effects.
Free radicals, heavy metals, and chronic infections may all play a role in damaging arterial lining. Once damaged, the lining must be repaired. The body may use cholesterol as a way to repair these damaged areas within the body. Rather than lowering cholesterol, a more beneficial strategy might be to reduce those items which damage the arteries in the first place. Fortunately, the F2IGH2T Protocol addresses these issues. Once these damaging factors are negated, the body no longer needs to produce excess cholesterol, and cholesterol levels will naturally decline.
Many of the toxins which we are exposed to on a daily basis are endocrine disruptors. One of the most significant is Bisphenol A. When these toxins are present within the body, the normal functioning of hormones is disrupted. Reducing the use of canned foods and plastic water bottles is an important step in limiting our exposure to endocrine-disrupting Bisphenol A. In a recent study performed by the Environmental Working Group, 154 toxins found in children were hormone disruptors. This is yet another reason why daily detoxification is so important.
Dr. Lyn Hanshew, MD believes that stored toxicity negatively impacts the neurological, immune, and endocrine systems. The more damage that is done by these toxins, the more likely we are to develop symptoms of disease. Many health conditions and symptoms which present may be related to endocrine function abnormalities. These include: obesity, diabetes, elevated cholesterol, over or underactive glandular function such as the thyroid, infertility, fatigue, Fibromyalgia, decreased libido, sleep problems, mood disorders, problems with cognitive function, decreased muscle mass, heart problems, bone loss, cold hands and feet, and many more. Mercury specifically prevents the conversion of Free T4 to Free T3 as the enzyme required for this conversion is inactivated by mercury, arsenic, cadmium, and lead. Thus, detoxification has the potential to significantly balance and improve endocrine function.
Another interesting connection between hormones and toxicity is that hormones come from glands. Glands consist of a high amount of fat. Fat is generally where the body stores toxins. Thus, the more toxic we are, the more likely our glands will serve as storage containers for these toxins which then negatively impact the functioning of the glands that is otherwise intended to produce healthful levels of hormones in the body.
Depressed levels of DHEA, a master hormone in the body, have been implicated in heart disease, high cholesterol, depression, inflammation, immune disorders, schizophrenia, Alzheimer's disease, diabetes, HIV, and osteoporosis. A simple blood test can be ordered to check DHEA levels and, if low, DHEA supplementation may be appropriate.
Melatonin is a hormone created by the pineal gland which regulates sleep cycles. Additionally, it is a powerful antioxidant, regulates other hormones, and is neuroprotective. Given that sleep is such an important part of any successful wellness program, melatonin supplementation may be highly beneficial. While on the topic of sleep, every suggestion to optimize health works better with a good night's sleep. Dr. Gordon suggests visiting http://energysleep.vemma.com/pm to learn about a revolutionary new all-natural sleep product that allows us to regenerate our bodies more effectively with less sleep than was possible without this breakthrough product.
While some suggest that testosterone supplementation may lead to prostate cancer and estrogen supplementation to breast cancer, Dr. Gordon argues that the benefits of hormone supplementation often far outweigh the potential risks. He does not shy away from the use of testosterone, estrogen, and progesterone. Bioidentical hormone replacement is entirely different from synthetic hormones which are much more likely to result in the development of cancer. Men with erectile dysfunction are at a much higher risk of heart disease and generally have an androgen deficiency. Most men will need testosterone replacement at some point in their life, generally starting at age 40, to optimize their health potential.
For thyroid support, Dr. Gordon suggests that we all need to consider iodine supplementation. For many of us, we will need up to 50 mg of iodine for 2-3 months, then 12.5 mg daily for life. This can be obtained from capsules containing potassium iodide and free iodine. Some may choose to use to use 1-5 drops of Lugol's solution for a couple of months; then one drop of Lugol's iodine thereafter which contains 6.417 mg of elemental iodine. A 5 drop dose contains 32.09 mg of elemental iodine. There are known possible side effects and some today need to work very gradually to achieve these doses to avoid side effects. Dr Gordon finds that the 150 mcg dose found in most iodine supplements is not adequate to deal with the competing levels of the halogens fluorine and bromine found in most adults today. The thyroid becomes dysregulated by halogens, heavy metals, numerous environmental toxins, and pesticides; all of which are found in anyone tested today. Dr. Gordon has observed thyroid function abnormalities resolve with the use of Essential Daily Defense over time. He suggests that 30% of the population may initially need some thyroid support until they are further down the road in their detoxification efforts, but many will benefit from taking up to 2 grains of Nature-Throid (or similar thyroid medication) daily for life as he does.
Dr. Mark Hyman, MD has developed a seven step plan which addresses hypothyroidism and is available through UltraWellness. The plan includes treating the underlying causes, optimizing nutrition, minimizing stress, exercise, supplementation, heat therapy, and thyroid hormone replacement. As a general rule, optimizing function with hormone replacement and supplements often becomes less important as toxicity resolves and normal hormone function is optimized.
Other options that Dr. Gordon considers for supporting the endocrine system include:
• Beyond HRT contains Pueraria mirifia, which is known as the "miracle herb from Thailand." It is derived from the root of the plant and has been used as a "rejuvenating folk medicine" for over a hundred years. It has been credited with being a fountain of youth for men and women, reducing wrinkles, darkening hair, alleviating cataracts, helping memory loss, improving sleep disorders, increasing energy, and improving blood circulation. Beyond HRT promotes healthy hormone balance in both sexes and promotes a healthy immune response towards breast cancer. The lowest rate of breast cancer in the world is in Thailand.
• Longevity Maca, is a glucosinolate which is a substance found in greens that enhances our ability to detoxify while also helping to balance hormones. It has been shown to increase levels of free testosterone in men and to be helpful for women in menopause or those with infertility or discomfort during menses. Maca may increase energy and restore a healthy sex drive.
• Beyond GHS supports the body against declining levels of growth hormone; eliminating the need for expensive, inconvenient injections of Human Growth Hormone so often used by anti-aging doctors. It has been shown to give tremendous support to the body in the fight to regain health and makes exercise programs far more effective. Athletes find they never want to go off this all natural, safe hormonal support product. Beyond GHS contains a blend of hypothalamic and pituitary peptides. Growth hormone supports optimal immune function.
• IGF-1 Plus is an extract from deer antler velvet which supports insulin-like growth factor 1. IGF-1 stimulates a decrease in fat and an increase in muscle mass. Combining Beyond GHS and IGF-1 Plus may provide the immune system with an enhanced ability to respond to debilitating chronic infections. Deer antler velvet improves energy and enhances the function of the lungs and kidneys.
Now that we have covered Heavy Metals and Hormones, it is time to investigate the final and arguably most important aspect of the F2IGH2T Protocol, namely Toxins.
T - Toxins
"T" in the F2IGH2T Protocol stands for Toxins. Toxins are ubiquitous in our environment. We simply cannot avoid them. Never before in the history of mankind have we been exposed to so many potentially harmful toxins. Dr. Gordon says, "All of us today are an experiment in toxicology."
Dr. Philip Landrigan from Mt. Sinai School of Medicine has said, "We are conducting a vast toxicological experiment, and we are using our children as the experimental animals. Not a single child today is born free of synthetic chemicals." In the April 2010 issue of Current Opinion in Pediatrics, Landrigan explored the environmental contributors to autism. Exposures in early pregnancy to substances such as thalidomide, misoprostol, valproic acid, and the insecticide chlorpyrifos may be factors. In Lancet in 2006, scientists concluded, "The combined evidence suggests that neurodevelopmental disorders caused by industrial chemicals have created a silent pandemic in modern society."
Toxicity is a problem that every man, woman, and child living on this planet faces today. Dr. Gordon says, "It is not autism, ADHD, Alzheimer's, Multiple Sclerosis, diabetes, heart disease, or even cancer. Across the board, it is the toxins!"
The Environmental Working Group released the video "10 Americans" which looks at the impact of environmental toxicity on ten of America's children. In the study, 287 chemicals were found in the ten participants with an average of 200 chemicals in each child. 134 of the chemicals have been shown to cause cancer; 151 are known to cause birth defects; 186 have been associated with infertility; 154 cause hormone disruption; 130 are toxic to the immune system; 158 are known neurotoxins that have profound effects on developing children. More surprisingly, 212 of the chemicals and pesticides found had been banned in the United States over 30 years before the study was conducted.
Dr. Gordon says, "The '10 Americans' video clearly shows that we have poisoned our own nest. Reaching our maximum intended useful lifespan now requires us to deal aggressively with underlying toxicity." Umbilical cord blood is absolutely loaded with environmental toxins.
The levels of toxic chemicals and heavy metals in many of the nation's drinking water supplies are in violation of the Safe Drinking Water Act. Substances such as arsenic and uranium have been found at unsafe levels in studies. In a New York Times article in 2009, it was stated that as many as 19 million Americans may become ill each year due to parasites, viruses, and bacteria found in their drinking water. It has also been suggested that pollutants found in drinking water may be a factor in the rise of various cancers.
In the report Environment Threats to Healthy Aging, researchers examined the influence of environmental factors on diseases such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease. They found that environmental factors beginning in the womb are significant factors in determining our health later in life. They discuss how environmental chemicals lead to oxidative stress and neuroinflammation. They note that substances such as lead, PCBs, organic pollutants, and pesticides can alter the expression of specific genes. They suggest that Bisphenol A leads to insulin resistance and fat accumulation. PCBs, dioxin, and other pesticides may be implicated in Type 2 Diabetes. Air pollution may be a factor in the development of neurodegenerative disease.
In the book Is Your Home Making You Sick, Dr. Peter Dingle looks at the exposures we encounter in our own homes. Chemical toxins may come from the building materials such as particle board, wiring, flooring, and sealants as well as from paints, caulking, and grout. Phthalates and Bisphenol A, which are both found in plastics, mimic certain hormones and are endocrine disruptors.
Even looking good can be hazardous to our health. The Environmental Working Group provides the Skin Deep: Cosmetic Safety Database which provides details on which personal care and cosmetic products are safe and which are not. According to EWG, of more than 1,000 cosmetic brands, less than 1 percent are made from ingredients that have all been evaluated for safety. Many cosmetics contain parabens as an antimicrobial preservative even though parabens have been shown to interfere with the endocrine system and lead to reproductive and developmental disorders as well as immune dysfunction. Investigate your personal care products on this informative site and work to minimize the toxic products you use every day.
In Six Risky Chemicals You're Carrying Around in Your Body, Dr. Joe Mercola, DO shared the results of a recent CDC study which measured 212 chemicals in over 8,000 subjects. The results were alarming. Most or all of the participants had these potentially harmful substances in their bodies:
• Polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs) which are used as flame retardants • Bisphenol A (BPA) which is found in most plastics • Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) which is found in heat-resistant and non-stick cookware • Acrylamide which is formed when carbohydrates are cooked at high temperatures such as in potato chips and bread • Mercury and Methyl- mercury which is found in fish and numerous other sources outlined previously • Methyl tertiary-butyl ether (MTBE) which is a gasoline additive used to raise the octane. While it has been phased out in the United States, MTBE has contaminated numerous drinking water supplies.
Two one-hour CNN specials with Dr. Sanjay Gupta, MD called "Toxic America" are available at http://www.gordonresearch.com to help educate everyone in great detail about where we get these toxins and what they are doing to us. "Genetics used to be the primary answer that scientists gave to explain the occurrence of diseases. However, at the present time, genes are only a secondary consideration. Toxicity in the body has been found to be the culprit of most of the diseases present today," according to Dr. Gordon. He continues, "Who then needs to detoxify? Every man, woman, child and animal, as we are now all toxic!"
Far Infrared Sauna therapy can be a very powerful tool in supporting a well-planned detoxification program. It may help lower blood pressure, lead to weight loss, lower blood sugar, increase blood flow, lower cholesterol, and lower triglycerides. Sweat therapy helps to detoxify the body of numerous environmental toxins and heavy metals while strengthening the immune system. Bath and shower water is often chlorinated and full of other harmful toxins. "We conclude that skin absorption of contaminants in drinking water has been underestimated and that ingestion may not constitute the sole or even primary route of exposure," reported the American Journal of Public Health. Bath and shower water should be filtered in order to avoid adding to our already high levels of toxicity.
Drinking water contains fluoride which may negatively affect the thyroid; partly by inducing a relative iodine deficiency as does another halogen contaminant we all carry today called bromine which is found in bread. Regardless of which of the many options one utilizes, ensuring that only pure water is consumed is of the utmost importance. Filtering drinking water is critical in optimizing endocrine function as hormone contraceptives have been found in the water supply. The introduction of these residues into our bodies only further creates endocrine imbalance.
More and more doctors are beginning to espouse the benefits of detoxification in improving health. Dr. Alejandro Junger, MD has created a program called "Clean" which has been used by actress Gwyneth Paltrow and many others with great success. The underlying principle of the Clean Program is that the majority of common ailments are the direct result of toxic buildup. The more we can do to detoxify, the more likely we are to regain our health and vitality.
Dr. Gordon employs the use of a number of interventions that assist the body in the process of detoxification. These include:
• Beyond Chelation Improved, Essential Daily Defense, ACZ nano, ZeoGold, Beyond Fiber™, and EZ Defense Gum as discussed in the Heavy Metals section earlier in this article. While each of these assists the body in the elimination of heavy metals, they are highly beneficial in the general detoxification of environmental toxins, pesticides, chemicals, and other body-burdening substances.
• Bio En'R-Gy C has the ability to neutralize most toxins. Additionally, it supports the body's methylation process which is critical in optimizing detoxification. Beyond B12 adds additional support for improving methylation. In the book Curing the Incurable, Dr. Thomas E. Levy, MD, JD discusses the use of high-dose Vitamin C to cure life-threatening infections and to neutralize otherwise-fatal toxin exposures.
• Dr. Gordon's Power Drink, which consists of Beyond Fiber™, Longevity Maca Powder, Dr. Gordon's Best of Greens, Bio En'R-Gy C, and ZeoGold, is a convenient way to address many aspects of the F2IGH2T Protocol.
• N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) and Alpha Lipoic Acid (ThioGel-L) support healthful levels of glutathione which is the body's master detoxifying substance.
• Homeopathic drainage and detoxification remedies such as those from the HEEL Detox Kit or the Pekana Big Three Detoxification and Drainage Kit can be highly supportive of the functioning of the liver, kidneys, and lymphatics.
• Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy - experts agree that the earth's magnetic field has dropped significantly in the past few hundred years. It is now under ½ gauss. When this level gets to zero, life ceases because magnetism is essential in supporting metabolism. A proper magnetic field is essential for optimal health. Dr. Gordon personally sleeps with two 100-pound magnetic pads under his bed which provide 20 gauss. He has found this a very useful strategy in maintaining his health at age 76 - in spite of numerous health problems dating back to his infancy. PEMF therapy decreases inflammation and increases cellular flexibility and circulation. Magnetic fields influence the production of ATP and improve the body's ability to remove waste products. PEMF therapy accelerates the rate of healing. It is a modality of electromedicine that for many seems to be a missing link in restoring health. It has become essential in dealing with the many chronic health challenges that have become increasingly prevalent.
Dr. Garry F. Gordon, MD, DO, MD(H) has empowered us all with the creation of the F2IGH2T Protocol. At 76 years of age, Dr. Gordon has used the program he created to significantly improve his own state of health. The protocol serves as a powerful guide that enables those with chronic illness to regain optimal health. "Ignoring even one aspect of the protocol may mean that our maximum intended useful lifespan is not reached," says Dr. Gordon. Thus, it becomes critical to ensure that a well-planned treatment program addresses each and every aspect of F2IGH2T.
Dr. Gordon has stated, "We restore classic cars, and we need to restore classic people. Restoring cars is a bumper to bumper job. It takes a lot of work, a lot of care, and a lot of time. People are no different. Recovery is hard work. Nothing about it is easy. The good news is that with the F2IGH2T Protocol, the odds are on your side."
Here's to your health….
This article is for informational purposes only and is not intended to serve as medical advice. All decisions regarding any medical treatment should be made only in conjunction with your licensed healthcare practitioner.
There are 4 primary web sites that Dr. Gordon shares information through. These are:
• Gordon Research Institute - http://www.gordonresearch.com • F2IGH2T For Your Health - http://www.fight4yourhealth. com • Zeolite Answer http://www. zeoliteanswer.com • Linda's F2IGH2T Blog - http://www.lymebook.com/fight Information on products available from Longevity Plus can be found at http://www.longevityplus.com. Dosages listed in this article are for a 200-pound adult and must be weight-adjusted for children. Dr. Gordon's personal daily protocol can be found at http://gordonresearch.com/Protocols/Personal_Protocol.html
Additional information on each of the key areas of the F2IGH2T Protocol include:
F - Food
• DVD: Food, Inc. (2008) by Robert Kenner. Available from Amazon.com • DVD: Foodmatters (2009) by James Colquhoun and Laurentine ten Bosch. Available from Amazon.com • Book: Genetic Roulette (2007) by Jeffrey M. Smith. Available from Amazon.com • Book: Seeds of Deception (2003) by Jeffrey M. Smith. Available from Amazon.com • Book: The Medical Detective: Memoirs of a Most Unusual Doctor by Patrick Carlisle is available at http://abacopublishing.com • Food Intolerance Testing by Andrew Weil MD: http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA400354/Best-Test-for-Food-Intolerance.html • Lab: Signet Diagnostic Corporation - http://www.nowleap.com • Lab: ALCAT - http://www. alcat.com • Lab: Meridian Valley Lab - http://www.meridianvalleylab. com • Lab: Sage Medical Laboratory - http://www.sagelab.com
• Web Site: Emotional Freedom Techniques - http://www.eftuniverse.com • Book: The Biology of Belief (2008) by Bruce H. Lipton, Ph.D. Available from Amazon.com • Book: Spontaneous Evolution (2009) by Bruce H. Lipton, Ph.D. Available from Amazon.com • Book: Soul Medicine (2008) by Norman Shealy, MD, Ph.D. Available from Amazon.com • Book: 365 Prescriptions for the Soul (2010) by Bernie S. Siegel, MD. Available from Amazon.com • Book: 101 Exercises for the Soul (2009) by Bernie S. Siegel, MD. Available from Amazon.com
I - Infection
• Book: Plague Time: The New Germ Theory of Disease (2002) by Paul W. Ewald. Available from Amazon.com. • 1st Line is available from International Antiaging Systems (IAS) at http://www.antiaging-systems.com/PRG-253/1st-line.htm • Over 507 references on oral EDTA can be found at http:// www.GordonResearch.com
G - Genetics
• Video: A Tale of Two Mice http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/body/epigenetic-mice.html • DVD: Ghost in Your Genes (2008). Available from Amazon.com • Book: Feed Your Genes Right: Eat to Turn Off Disease-Causing Genes and Slow Down Aging (2006) by Jack Challem. Available from Amazon.com • Book: Change Your Genetic Destiny (2009) by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo. Available from Amazon.com. • Book: The Genie in Your Genes: Epigenetic Medicine and the New Biology of Intention (2009) by Dawson Church, Ph.D. Available from Amazon.com. " Web Site: Dr. Kobayashi's World Without Cancer - http://gordonresearch.com/articles_cancer/Kobayashi/
H - Heavy Metals
• Web Site: UltraWellness by Dr. Mark Hyman, MD discuss es the topic of heavy metals and heavy metal detoxification - http://www.ultrawellness.com
T - Toxins • Video: "10 Americans" by Environmental Working Group - http://www.ewg.org/kid-safe-chemicals-act-blog/kid-safe-chemicals-act-10-americans-video • Web Site: Environment Threats to Healthy Aging - http://www.agehealthy.org • Web Site: Clean Program - http://www.cleanprogram.com • Book: Curing the Incurable (2002) by Thomas E. Levy, MD, JD. Available from Amazon.com • Web Site: Pulsed Electro-Magnetic Field - http://www.pemf.us • Web Site: Magnetic Sleep Pads - source of the magnetic pads Dr. Gordon personally utilizes while he sleeps - http://magneticosleep.com
• ACS 200 (Advanced Cellular Silver) and ACZ nano - http://www.resultsrna.com • "Chronic Lyme Disease: Battle Requires Attack on Multiple Fronts" in April 2008 Public Health Alert contains additional information on Dr. Garry Gordon's approach to recovering from chronic Lyme disease • "Total Body Detox: A Novel Approach to Lowering Total Body Burden" in October 2008 Public Health Alert discusses the use of ACS 200 and ACZ nano in lowering total body burden in infection and toxicity.
About the Author
Scott Forsgren (Author) is a health writer, advocate, and coach. He is the editor and founder of BetterHealthGuy.com where he shares his now 17 year journey through the world of Lyme disease and the myriad of factors that it often entails. He has been fortunate to have written for publications such as the Public Health Alert, Explore!, Bolen Report, and Townsend Letter. Scott expresses gratitude for the information shared by Dr. Neil Nathan and Dr. Wayne Anderson in support of this article. More information on his work is available at http://www.BetterHealthGuy.com.
Post a Comment
The Cowden Support Program
A do-it-yourself Lyme treatment developed by Dr. Lee Cowden, MD